Senior Full-stack Software Engineer
Trineo delivers custom solutions for global organizations and is a well recognized Heroku and Salesforce partner since 2010. Our work tackles system integration and data brokering, API development and highly specific customer, employee applications.
As an agile team, we present a complete service offering -- with senior advisory, product and project management, UX and engineering (back end and frontend).
We’re known for our ability to ship valuable work into production in complex and challenging environments.
We’re looking for a Senior Full-stack Developer to join our Boulder team. You’d be part of a growing global professional services practice in the process of expanding our US footprint. In addition to our Boulder office, Trineo has offices in Christchurch, NZ (our headquarters), Auckland, and Sydney, Australia. Remote working arrangements are available in the US (for candidates who are legally authorized to work in the US).
Trineo is and will always be a small team, with 70 team members worldwide, growing slowly and deliberately. We're not looking for gurus, rock stars or ninjas. We're interested in working with level headed people who operate with a sense of confidence, humility and humor. Our global footprint truly brings to life our belief in celebrating diversity.
Above all else, we’re looking for candidates who will be the best addition and help curate the team and culture.
If you’re a good candidate for this position, here are some characteristics you embody:
- Experience working across the entire stack
- Comfortable writing SQL queries, optimizing query performance and DB design.
- Experience with the development and consumption of APIs
- Experience with the development of frontend applications that consume aforementioned APIs
- Excellent working knowledge of Git
- Experience working with cloud hosting technologies (ie Heroku and AWS)
- Experience with optimizing high performance applications under significant load
- Thrive when working within an Agile team
- Enjoy working in a cross functional team composed of UX, BA, PM, Development
- Experience working with a distributed / remote team
Our typical stack and methodology:
- Data: Postgres, Redis
- Testing: Rspec, Capybara, Jest, CI, BrowserStack
- Infrastructure: a strong understanding of cloud platforms: Heroku, AWS componentry and a decent handle on Unix
We also adhere to agile delivery (Scrum/Kanban), continuous integration, test driven development, consistent peer review and pair programming.
This expertise would be nice to have:
- Service Oriented and Monolithic Architecture
- Identity Management (Authentication and Authorization)
- A thorough understanding of security principles, common exploits and an interest in recent advisories and corresponding mitigation strategies.
- Culinary prowess, baking skills are looked upon very favourably. Seriously, we have a team which is composed of a diverse range of people that have a number of hobbies outside of work.
We have a comprehensive benefits package which includes generous Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, a free Eco Pass, Simple IRA option, generous PTO, flexibility, bi-weekly in-house massage and the opportunity to travel to global Trineo offices. And we have a great location on West Pearl in downtown Boulder.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!